Saturday, March 31, 2012

Monthly Check-Up and April Goals

It's the last day of March! Let's see how I did for this month..

1. Study everyday for the MCAT.
Fail. I studied most weekdays, but Fridays and Saturdays are my weak spot.

2. Save up at least $500 for emergency fund.
Pass! I saved up $500 and another $500 from my tax refund =)

3. Use apartment amenities.
Nope. Not even a little bit.

4. Stay within budget for eating out.
Fail. I went over my budget of $150 by twenty dollars. If this keeps up I might have to rearrange my budget a little. I really don't want to, so I'll give myself another chance in April for this amount.

5. See where blogging takes me.
So far, so good! I'm getting to know a few people, but I'm not putting a lot of effort into blogging yet. First month is going good and I hope to keep this bicycle rolling!

For April, I have some of the old goals, and some new ones as well! Goal-setting is definitely more fun than goal-keeping.

1. Drive slower.
Most of my driving takes place on the high-way or free-way, and usually when there is no traffic. Instead of going with the flow of fast traffic, I'm going to pace my speed and keep it to the limit (and out of the way of other drivers). This will help with mileage and also, I'm usually not in a rush, so why go Speedy mcSpeederson?

2. Put $300 away for emergency fund.
I'm getting less hours at work now (so I can study more), so saving $300 would be really awesome.

3. Stay on top of my study schedule.
Also one I need to do.

4. Call up an old friend I haven't talked to for awhile, and catch up.
I haven't been very social lately, and it's easy to get stuck with one circle of friends. I've lost touch with a lot of people I was close to, and I need to be more reachable. Plus, it'd be nice to get a break from books and from the apartment.

5. Start looking for an apartment to move into.
Not that our place is bad, but our lease is expiring in a few months, and I'd like to move somewhere where 1. Rent is cheaper, and 2. The car won't be broken into (it wasn't a big deal, but the landlord wasn't very helpful in the situation).

I hope everyone had a great March. I spring cleaned (wanted to say sprung cleaned?) today, and it feels great! The place has a lovely bleach and chemical aroma though but that's okay. All being said though, I'm ready for a new month!

2 comments:

  1. I need to drive slower too. I've been kind of speedy on the roads, but I am chalking that up to the fact that I haven't been sleeping well lately :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the MCAT! How's the studying goin?

    ReplyDelete