Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Money and Boba: About Me

I haven't done an "About me" post yet, and I've yet to figure out how to add pages on blogs and such so I'll start here.

I'm 22 years young, and am living life in the limbo after graduation and the cusp of adulthood. I work in a "dead end" job that's mostly office work, and my hours are very flexible since the company is privately owned. I deal with medical cases at work so it's not a dud in that aspect at least. I get to practice in my career and gain experience that way. I love my co-workers and I'm at a place where I'm respected at work and I am now someone people rely on for questions, etc. I don't necessarily love my job because it can be high-stress sometimes, but I don't hate it. The pay can always be better (I think i'll be saying this forever and ever).

I love to budget. Love. You know how an ant will carry a big lump of sugar twice its size? Yea that's me with budgets. I will carry.. budgets.. that are twice my size. Not a great metaphor but what I'm saying is that I'm willing to tackle it even thought I don't *know* everything about finances. Hope you get ma drift.

But really, here's a few more blurbs that don't define me, but pertains to my budget:
- I live with my boyfriend and we split our budgets 50%, down to the dollar.
- I pay the bills. But I can talk to him openly about anything that seems off.
- My main liabilities are rent and my student loan.
- My parents take care of my car (payments and insurance), and phone. Not because I asked them to, but because they've determined to take over this for me. I love my 'rents.
- Having a large emergency fund is important to me. I need the security, and the control (over my money).
- I am a big homebody. Going out can be great, but I absolutely adore having inside parties. Movie nights, "wine and cheese" potlucks, game nights = indefinite awesome. I also dislike public restrooms, maybe that's why.
- I would very much like a corgi one day.

I started this blog because I love jotting my thoughts down. I'm a big pen and paper advocate because I love the authentic feel of pushing ink on a clean white piece of parchment, but with all this studying I'm not digging these callouses and blisters on my fingers. So typing it is! I also love to read about personal finance on other blogs, so I joined the two together.

Everyday, I get one day older (ha! wise ol' me), and I want to make sure I'm on the right track towards financial maturity. I don't have anyone to "teach" me, and I don't discuss finances with my parents much. So what would any person do this day and age? Go online! So here I am dudes and 'dettes, stay tuned for my adventures with boba and monies.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Corgis. I even have names picked out for my future dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just discovered your blog and am enjoying your posts, thanks.
    I have a 15 year old corgi, and she's my baby :)

    ReplyDelete