Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Best Days for Motivation


(source)

The biggest and best-erest days for motivation:
  • January 1st
  • Birthday
The beginning of the year is the optimal time to get things going. There are resolutions to be made and goals to achieve!  I don't necessarily get the most done in the ensuing month of January but I do always feel like it can be done!
Oh, and birthdays. A time to reflect and think about what happened the past year and what I should do to better myself the next year.

Other days:
  • First of the month
  • Start of the week (albeit Sunday or Monday)
These days motivate me to start goals and clear my head. Of course, a clean budget sheet at the beginning of the month feels orgasmic as well.
And these help too:
  • A clean slate
  • A decluttered/clean workspace
  • Coffee
  • Setting a deadline
My optimal workspace would be void of paperwork. A small candle burning nearby, and a big cup of coffee within reach. My planner would be empty (just waiting to be filled), and I have a priority of goals to meet and a set date I have to reach them by.

I wrote this post to motivate myself to go study the MCAT instead of just touching/feeling the book and kicking myself in the head later in the shower for not opening it. Then falling down in the same shower and bruise something and have water and soap spew everywhere. That didn't happen, but it could.

What motivates YOU?

3 comments:

  1. I am definitely a procrastinator, so it's hard to get me motivated to start projects... but you're right, coffee helps tremendously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got back into studying for the LSAT. I took it last Dec and studied for 5 months. It was insane and painful, and I'm going to do it again for 2.5 months. What inspires me is remembering why I want this and what I will get out of it. Look at it in terms of money. How hard will you work for an increase in pay, and for the life you want?

    When I get de-motivated, I listen to inspiring music and I talk to people about it. Really helps me! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This past weekend I devised a study schedule that is a little more flexible for me. I have a list of things to do per week instead of per day (which really stressed me out if I got home from work late). Do you have a schedule too or do you just do practice tests? Do you think a shorter period of studying will make you more focused? I know I didn't really get into until I knew when my test date will be.

      Delete